CHARITY AND SPONSOR ADS
Shopping Cart
0 items
 

Problem 8-18 Effect of business structure on financial statements

Problem 8-18 Effect of business structure on financial statements
Click to enlarge
Price: $9.99
Availability: In Stock
Model: A
Average Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars!

INSTANT DOWNLOAD

Solution Guide / Answer Key:

ACCOUNTING

Survey of Accounting
Second (2nd) Edition
Thomas Edmonds, Philip Olds, Frances McNair, Bor-Yi Tsay
ACC 201 ACC/201 Accounting 201

Problem 8-18 Effect of business structure on financial statements

Upton Company was started on January 1, 2011, when the owners invested $ 160,000 cash in the business. During 2011, the company earned cash revenues of $ 120,000 and incurred cash expenses of $ 82,000. The company also paid cash distributions of $ 15,000.

Required
Prepare a 2011 income statement, capital statement ( statement of changes in equity), balance sheet, and statement of cash flows using each of the following assumptions. ( Consider each assumption separately.)
a. Upton is a sole proprietorship owned by J. Upton.
b. Upton is a partnership with two partners, Dan and Nancy Upton. Dan invested $ 100,000 and Nancy invested $ 60,000 of the $ 160,000 cash that was used to start the business. Nancy was expected to assume the vast majority of the responsibility for operating the business. The partnership agreement called for Nancy to receive 60 percent of the profits and Dan the remaining 40 percent. With regard to the $ 15,000 distribution, Nancy withdrew $ 6,000 from the business and Dan withdrew $ 9,000.
c. Upton is a corporation. The owners were issued 10,000 shares of $ 10 par common stock when they invested the $ 160,000 cash in the business.

 

FILE: MS WORD

Write Review
Your Name:


Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!

Rating: Bad            Good

Enter the code in the box below:

There are no additional images for this product.